Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Post Date:31st January 2023
- Views 814
London, South East England
- Full responsibility for the Safety of Navigation and safe operation of the Ferry and all associated floating craft, personnel and cargoes/vehicles at all times.
- Full responsibility for the welfare of the crew and passengers and the protection of the marine environment.
- To provide a safe and efficient service and to ensure that all Client KPI’s are met or exceeded at all times.
- To undertake such duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Operations Manager for the safe and efficient running of the service.
- Ensure that all assets, personnel, passengers and operations comply with client and statutory authority Safety Management Systems at all times.
- To create, issue, and enforce the captain’s Standing Orders from time to time.
- Be responsible for all crew management and administration including, but not limited to, leave, sickness, training and development, discipline.
- Ensure that all operational, berthing, docking, passenger/vehicle transfer systems are working correctly and report defects or issues to the Engineering Manager in a timely way.
- Monitor and control the vessel from the wheelhouse, observing speed, machinery parameters, and water depths, and observe the rules and bylaws regarding navigation in the river Thames.
- Investigate any damage to the vessel, personal injuries to the crew and environmental incidents; take immediate action and act as point of contact for emergency services or regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that Flood Gates are closed at appropriate times and that Security staff are present at the end of, and commencement of the operational work hours.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must hold a Level 1, Tier 2, Boatmasters License for category D, UK inland waterways and Local Knowledge Certificate; or the above with a relevant PEC for the above area; or a superior STCW certificate with the relevant PEC for the area of operation.
- In depth and in date maritime regulatory knowledge for a passenger/freight ferry operation.
- Expert knowledge of marine Safety Management Systems, in particular the WF SMS.
- Good knowledge of competent crewing, vessel and auxiliary machinery operation.
- Fully compliant with WF marine SMS and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain validation of MCA certification
- Must meet appropriate medical standard of fitness e.g. ML5/ENG 1.
- Personal survival techniques
- Fire prevention and Fire fighting.
- First Aid.