Chef De Partie
- Posted Date:15th June 2022
- Apply Before: 13th July 2022
- Job Type:Full TimeJob Category:Hospitality
Recruiter: City Cruises
Posted: 15 Jun 2022
Closes: 13 Jul 2022
Sector: Chef jobs, Chef, Chef de Partie, Demi Chef De Partie
Job Type: Full Time
City Cruises UK is part of the City Experiences division of the Hornblower Group, a global leader in world-class experiences and transportation services. We operate public dining and sightseeing cruises as well as private charters for corporate events, birthday parties, weddings, or other special occasions across London, Poole and York. Working closely with our F&B function, the Chef De Partie will be responsible for serving meals on our fleet of dining boats in London. You need to be passionate about food and able to work in a team in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the Head Chef to meet the standard and the quality of food for clients.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the Head Chef to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Head Chef/Senior Sous Chef.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are achieved.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of satisfaction for guests, quality, and operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Head Chef on the daily requirements, functions and about any last minute events.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Be an Ambassador for our RESPECT Service system
- Any other duties as required
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety Awards
- Minimum 6 months relevant experience
- Awareness of manual handling techniques
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety
- Experience of kitchen equipment
- Experience of dangerous equipment such as knives
- Competent level of English spoken and written Skills
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
OUR VALUES – RESPECT
All employees must commit to upholding out RESPECT values. They are as follows:
We will value, appreciate and respect each other. We will foster diversity and inclusivity.
We will Respect our Planet. We will conserve, protect and educate. We will practice environmental stewardship.
We will think and work safely. We will follow safety standards and instructions. We will create a safe and secure workplace.
We will conduct ourselves professionally. We will take responsibility for our actions. We #will own the problem until it is solved.
We will continuously improve. We will exceed standards and expectations.
We will be open and honest. We will choose a respectful approach. We will share information with others effectively.
We will exist to serve others. We will anticipate the needs of others. We will have fun and practice “enthusiastic friendliness”
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES IN EMPLOYMENT
As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and do not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to create a diverse and inclusive environment. Candidates for employment or promotion will be assessed objectively against the requirements for the position.