- Post Date:22nd May 2023
- Views 436
Role Title: CSRS MSO
Location: Riverside, Charlton, SE7 7SU/Wharf Rd Gravesend DA12 2RU
Line Manager: Barge yard Manager
Cory Riverside Energy are recruiting for the position of Multi Skilled Operative (MSO) at their Ship Repair facilities in Gravesend and Charlton. The primary purpose of this role is to assist with the maintenance and repair services in meeting the demands of the company’s in-house and third-party needs. They will provide support for the day-to-day operations at Cory Ship Repair Services and always ensure full compliance with all relevant workplace legislation.
- Manual tasks.
- Operating plant and machinery (crane(s), forklift, cherry picker).
- Preparation and painting of vessels and equipment.
- Assisting welders and mechanical fitters with repairs and maintenance of vessels and barge yard equipment and infrastructure.
- Emergency repair of vessels including salvage work.
- Full compliance with all international, national, local and company safety and environmental legislation, regulations, codes, procedures, and guidance.
- Full participation in emergency exercises.
- To carry out this work at other Cory operated locations.
- Confined space access/Safe working/Rescue/Working at Height.
- Be proactive in safety reporting and continual improvement in culture of workplace.
Essential skills and experience
- Awareness of Working at Height/Confined spaces.
- Relevant HSEQ knowledge.
- Flexible working
- Driving licence
Desirable skills and experience
- Waste management (waste oils/WEE/hazardous materials)
- Marine licensing
- Background in marine/ship repair.
- IT skills (Office 365)
- GCSE or equivalent in English/Maths
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading MSO 23.
Closing date for this vacancy is: 02/06/2023
Cory operates an Equal Opportunities Policy.