Customer Support Administrator - Remote (London)
- Post Date:21st July 2022
- Views 713
£25,202 incl allowances
We are the charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because we believe that life is better by water. Every role across the Trust plays it’s part in transforming our canals and rivers into spaces where local people want to spend time and feel better, bringing wellbeing benefits to millions.
The role of Customer Support Administrator is to deliver excellence in customer service and support for customers, dealing with face to face enquiries, on the phone and in written communications and providing general administration and financial support to the regional team.
We have a permanent full time vacancy within our London & South East team.
Working hours will be Mon – Fri (37 hours) with an expectation to work occasional weekends.
Our support team members are working remotely, from their home locations. Applicants should be confident and comfortable to work from home on a permanent basis, however will be required to attend Trust local hub location (Little Venice office near Paddington) when required for team and collaborative meetings.
Knowledge, Skills/Qualifications & Experience
About the role
- Part of the front of house team at waterway offices, ensuring that all enquiries are managed in a friendly, helpful, professional and conscientious way.
- Produce accurate and timely communication for our customers for example, through telephone calls, notice boards, post, email, social media and our website.
- Coordinate the organisation of events and functions within the waterway, for both internal and external customers.
- Cash handling for licences, electric cards, laundry and lockages.
- Provide administration services for the waterway including managing the post, booking meetings, minute taking, organisation of occupational health visits, training, building management and equipment servicing.
- Produce accurate and clearly presented reports that support the needs of the business.
- Maintain accurate and well organised systems of records that are easily retrievable.
- Use SAP to provide financial and administration services to the waterway, to ensure effective ordering of materials and supplies, to work with notifications and other financial processes.
- Provide support to ensure the effective running of welcome stations around the waterway.
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of Trust life.
- Proven experience in a customer service environment, e.g. providing “front of house” services via telephone, notice boards, post, email, social media, etc.
- Some budget management experience.
- Proven experience of administration.
- Communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and professionally and liaise with other professionals.
- Ability to deal with difficult and potentially confrontational situations.
- Confident in the use of the MS Office word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when addressing customer enquiries
- Calm under pressure, with good prioritisation skills
- Ability to providing a positive interaction and experience with customers on phone & face to face.
- Understands importance of working safely.
Closes: 27 Jul 2022
Interviews will be conducted remotely using MS Teams.
What We Offer
In addition to your salary of £25,202 incl allowances, we offer a generous pension scheme and other benefits. Further details can be found here (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/our-benefits).
We are striving to represent the diverse communities that we are a part of. All candidates will be treated on the basis of their merits, skills and abilities and solely by being assessed against the requirements for the job. Many of our vacancies can be considered for people who wish to work flexibly, job share or part time.
Find out more about the work we do and opportunities we have on our website: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us
You will be working with a friendly caring team to deliver an very important service offering our customers across the waterway a positive experience and a desire to return. Get involved in organising and delivering great, fun events that spread knowledge and understanding of the Canal & River Trust and the great work we do.