- Post Date:31st January 2023
- Views 770
London, South East England
Are you a Deckhand who lives in and around London seeking a local opportunity???
We are looking for Deckhands to operate a Ferry based on the River Thames, see below the role description;
General purpose duties associated with the day-to-day operation of the Ferry, working as part of a roster which includes night shift working, including but not limited to safe loading and unloading operations; general safety and security duties; maintenance of the vessels, infrastructure and equipment; mooring and bunkering operations, and any other duties as directed by the Duty Operations Manager, Captain and Marine Engineering Officer. Comply with and promote all of the requirements of the Safety Management System, policies and procedures, Captains / Marine Engineering Manager standing orders and industry best standards as applicable. Provide a high level of customer service and care.
- Ensure compliance with the Safety Management System, other regulatory requirements and industry best practice at all times.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and Key Performance Indicator’s at all times. Safely and efficiently complete vessel loading / unloading, mooring, bunkering, cleaning and maintenance duties as dictated by the operational requirements at the time and other duties as reasonably directed by Management.
- Provide emergency response duties as directed by the Duty Operations Manager and Captain and take immediate action in response to all incidents on the vessels, at the terminals and in access roads / pavements connected therewith.
- Ensure standards of cleanliness and order are maintained throughout all areas of the vessel at all times – including but not limited to passenger and crew accommodation, vehicle decks, machinery spaces and link-spans, approach roads and pavements and all other areas connected with the Operation.
- Additionally ensure all reasonable actions are taken to rectify or warn passengers during service hours of any issues or defects which may directly or indirectly affect passenger service and care.
- Count and report the total number of passengers and vehicles on board for every crossing.
- Monitor the movement of passengers in respect of safety and security measures and protocols in force at the time. Security related duties in accordance with the PFSP.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the traffic management team to ensure efficient traffic management at all times to ensure minimal delays and disruption to passengers.
- Participate in fire, evacuation, flood, and other emergency situations and drills as required. Inspect, identify and report defects, maintain and repair infrastructure, vessel, equipment and other items associated with the operation.
- Complete tasks as directed, identified and included in the OPM system as appropriate.
Your experience – we will need to see
- Previous marine experience as a STCW qualified Deckhand is desirable.
- Previous operational experience in transportation industry is desirable.
- An aptitude for delivering the highest standards of customer service and care are essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
This role will be working nights on a shift pattern (4 on 4 off). If you are interested, please apply for the role ASAP and one of our onboarding team will be in touch.