- Posted Date:13th April 2022
- Job Type:Full TimeJob Category:Electrician
Department: Marine Engineering
Reporting to: Marine Engineering Superintendent
Salary: £39,354 per annum (inclusive of operational allowances)
Base: Denton. Gravesend
Closing date: 1 May 2022
Interview date: TBC
The Port of London Authority, a major UK Trust Port, is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames.
The Marine Engineering department is responsible for the provision and maintenance of all marine, electrical and mechanical Port of London Authority assets. This includes but is not limited to 30 powered craft, various river structures and many buildings and remote sites. We are looking for an electrician to join our team on a 2 year fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking inspection, testing, maintenance and defect rectification of all Port of London Authority’s electrical installations, to ensure systems remain safe and legally compliant. They will also undertake minor upgrades to installations as required.
- Be a qualified industrial/commercial electrician
- Have a detailed knowledge of commercial electrical installations including 230Vac single phase and 400Vac 3 phase systems.
- Have obtained a Level 3 Diploma in electrical installation (City & Guilds 2365) or equivalent.
- Have obtained City & Guilds Inspection and Testing (2391-52)
- Be highly motivated and able to work separately or as part of a team.
- Possess and maintain a clean UK Full Driving Licence (Manual).
- Be agile, able to work aloft and to work in small/confined spaces, e.g. small boat engine rooms and tank spaces etc.
Although normal hours of work are 35 per week on a day-work basis, there is a requirement for additional attendance outside this period and on occasion provide call out cover, in response to operational and emergency requirements.
For an informal chat about the position, please contact:
Andy Osborne (Head of Marine Engineering) on 01474 562439 or email Andrew.Osborne@pla.co.uk
- 28 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Generous pension
- Onsite parking with electric charging
- Discounted membership with Gravesham Active Leisure
- Access to Occupational Health, Mindfulness, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
You are required to have a Right to Work in UK, as currently the PLA is not a sponsor employer, therefore an offer of employment cannot be made unless you currently hold the rights to live and work in the UK.