GIS Assistant (2 Year Fixed Term Contract)
- Post Date:1st September 2022
- Views 774
Reporting to: GIS Manager
Salary: £33,200 per annum
Closing date: 25 September 2022
Interview date: 6 October 2022
What we are looking for:
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) team provide a range of mapping services both within the organisation and publicly, from navigational information to estates and asset management applications. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual, initially for a two-year period to support project related work but the role has potential for permanency for the right candidate. You will be an agile team player, with an eye for detail, who already has some experience working in this field. This is an ideal role for an ambitious individual who wishes to expand their horizons in the maritime sector.
A little bit about us:
The Port of London Authority [PLA] is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames, home to the UK’s biggest port and busiest inland waterway. The PLA is a self-financing Public Trust with responsibility for administering the UK’s premier port, maintaining the safety of navigation throughout its limits and for the conservancy of 95 miles of the tidal River Thames.
The river is set to play a key role in the UK’s move towards a Net Zero economy and in transforming urban logistics too.
The opportunities for the future are captured in the updated Thames Vision 2050, which has themes of Trading Thames, Destination Thames and Natural Thames. The priorities for action are safety, Net Zero transition, resilience, technological changes, access and inclusion.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the PLA at a time of growth and transformation, with the Vision setting a clear path for future development.
A little bit about you:
- Good standard of education to at least degree level or relevant experience in a GIS, Computer Science or another related numerate discipline.
- Sound theoretical knowledge of mapping techniques including application of coordinate systems, projections and scale.
- Proficient in the use of GIS systems (Specifically ArcPro and Arc Enterprise. Some knowledge in Cadcorp would also be beneficial) and MS Office applications.
- 28 days annual leave
- Private medical provision – Westfield Health
- Agile working
- Access to training & development opportunities
- Generous pension
- Onsite parking with electric charging
- Membership to MyGymDiscounts
- Access to Occupational Health, Mindfulness, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
For further information or an informal discussion contact Ross Havery on 01474 562363.
You are required to have a Right to Work in UK, as currently the PLA is not a sponsor employer, therefore an offer of employment cannot be made unless you currently hold the rights to live and work in the UK.