Guest Experience Assistant – Cabin Crew
- Post Date:19th November 2021
- Views 1205
Reports to: Senior Customer Experience Manager
Department/Location: Operations – Cabin Crew / London
City Cruises UK is part of the City Experiences division of the Hornblower Group, a global leader in world-class experiences and transportation services. We operate public dining and sightseeing cruises as well as private charters for corporate events, birthday parties, weddings, or other special occasions across London, Poole and York.
The Guest Experience Assistant – Cabin Crew supports us in our mission to creating amazing experiences for our guests by delivering a professional, polite and proactive service throughout their journey. As a member of our onboard team, the Guest Experience Assistant will also operate as a member the Crew, supporting the Captain and Bridge Crew in routine and emergency situations such as the recovery of man over board, crowd control, evacuation, firefighting, first aid and any other safety matters as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in our RESPECT service system
- Ensure that the highest level of customer care is shown at all times to ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for all our passengers
- Provide and facilitate an “at seat service” to guests which includes Food, Drink & Retail service enhancing the guest experience
- Greet and welcome guests onboard our vessels in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Proactively offer Audio guides to guests who would like commentary in their own language (chosen)
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements in accordance with the company’s Safety Management System (SMS), ensuring the safety of passengers is protected at all times
- Participate in routine safety drills to prepare for major incidents
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas
- Manage visitor flow, especially when large groups of passengers are on-board the vessel
- Work as part of the onboard team to ensure that Daily Revenue Targets are met by selling drinks, snacks and attraction tickets and upselling Meal Deals.
- Actively promote our local and global products and services
- Strive to meet daily targets through a proactive and planned approach, actively promoting on-board/ticket promotions as appropriate
- Completion of all pre-departure forms and checklists
- Full completion of all daily forms and logs
- Support with the delivery of Special Events
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
- Additional duties as may reasonably be required
- Be an Ambassador for our RESPECT Service System
Requirements & Qualifications
- Previous experience in a guest services/customer facing role within the visitor attraction/hospitality industry
- Previous experience of providing an “At Seat” service with a willingness to proactively approach guests
- Customer Service orientated – Actively looks for ways to promote our business and enhance the guests’ experience
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team to achieve on-board sales/revenue targets
- Excellent communicator with the ability to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers
- Demonstrable experience in upselling and cross-selling multiple products and services
- Flexible “can do” approach with the ability to stay calm and work well under pressure
- Intermediate level Maths and English language skills (minimum A-C at GCSE level or equivalent)
- Available to work shift patterns covering Monday to Sunday and inclusive of public/bank holiday and some evenings to assist with special events
- Able to work for extended periods of time without sitting
**Post holders will be required to serve alcohol and must therefore be over 18**
Desirable though non-essential
- Experience with POS systems, apps and software highly desirable
- Ability to speak a second language
- Relevant industry/customer service related qualifications
- Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures and/or first aid qualified
Our Values – Respect
All employees must commit to upholding out RESPECT values. They are as follows:
Respect We will value, appreciate and respect each other. We will foster diversity and inclusivity.
Environment We will Respect our Planet. We will conserve, protect and educate. We will practice environmental stewardship.
Safety #1 We will think and work safely. We will follow safety standards and instructions. We will create a safe and secure workplace.
Professionalism We will conduct ourselves professionally. We will take responsibility for our actions. We #will own the problem until it is solved.
Exceed We will continuously improve. We will exceed standards and expectations.
Communication We will be open and honest. We will choose a respectful approach. We will share information with others effectively.
Teamwork We will exist to serve others. We will anticip
Equal Opportunities in Employment
As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and do not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to create a diverse and inclusive environment. Candidates for employment or promotion will be assessed objectively against the requirements for the position.