Head of Stakeholder Engagement
- Post Date:1st September 2022
- Views 859
Department: Corporate Affairs department
Salary: £62,427 p.a.
Contract type: Full time – permanent
Closing date for applications: 11 September 2022
The Port of London Authority (PLA), a major trust port, is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Stakeholder Engagement, a key appointment in the Corporate Affairs team as we conclude the update to the river development framework, Thames Vision 2050, and embark on its delivery.
The successful candidate can expect to: coordinate stakeholder engagement, particularly for the offices of the chair and chief executive officer; bring PLA teams together to foster collaboration on engagement with customers and stakeholders; and sustain links with key strategic delivery partners, convening and capturing the actions from a range of established forums.
This role also oversees the PLA’s education/outreach activities, in line with Thames Vision 2050, including programmes with: London Youth Rowing, Thames Explorer Trust and Museum of London Docklands.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a complex stakeholder environment, possibly in infrastructure or transport development.
- A record of building strong relationships with senior decision makers, both internally and externally.
- Be familiar with outreach programme development, particularly through education.
- Stakeholder mapping and management insight.
- Well-honed understanding of the London/Thames political environment.
- Business knowledge and experience sufficient to represent the organisation externally.
Along with the salary, you will also receive the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Occupational Health, Mindfulness, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
For further information or an informal discussion contact Alistair Gale, Director of Corporate Affairs, on 07711 440736.
You are required to have a Right to Work in UK, as currently the PLA is not a sponsor employer, therefore an offer of employment cannot be made unless you currently hold the rights to live and work in the UK.