High Speed Master
- Posted Date:13th August 2019
- Job Type:Full TimeJob Category:Crew, Customer ServicesOffered Salary £30,000 - £50,000
Location: Trinity Buoy Wharf, Poplar, London E14 0JY
Hours: Full time – 42 hours per week, shift based
Salary: £33,136 for first 3 months and once probation has been passed £38,983 a year
You will be responsible for
- the safe operation of the vessel;
- carrying out good ship management duties;
- ensuring the vessel is operated to the highest possible standards;
- informing the company of any defects in the vessels safety equipment; and
- maintaining the vessel in compliance with all relevant legislation.
- You will be responsible for all compliance with the on board Safety Management Systems and the conditions of the MCA Passenger Certificate. In particular ensuring the vessels safety equipment is adhered to and Thames Clippers operating procedures are followed.
- You will manage the Mates and Deck Customer Service Assistant on board and ensure that the crew are trained to a high level in the provision of safety to passengers and themselves.
You need to have the following qualifications:
- MCA Boat Masters Licence, Tier one Level Two
- High Speed Endorsement
- Current ML5 Medical or ENG 1
- Sea Survival
- Fire Fighting
- VHF qualification
- MCA Passenger boat endorsement
We are looking for someone who is highly self-motivated and has a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and to establish good professional relationships with colleagues.
You must have a genuine desire and ability to work with the public in a front line, customer focused environment and be committed and flexible in your approach to work.
Here at MBNA Thames Clippers we really value a strong team ethic, we take pride in what we do, and we respect each other which make it a great place to work!
We are an entrepreneurial and inclusive organisation which was voted “Employer of the Year” at the 2017 London Transport Awards. There is real potential for internal development and promotion within our business and internal succession is one of our core values.
Our employees benefit from free travel on MBNA Thames Clippers, along with a group private pension plan, private medical insurance, life assurance, EAP, ride to work scheme or season ticket loan and childcare vouchers. We also offer discounts at shops, bars and restaurants at The O2.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and our approach to recruitment and selection is fair, open and based purely on merit. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.