IT Web Developer
- Post Date:19th January 2023
- Views 655
Reporting to: IT Infrastructure Manager
Salary Range: £52,945 – £58,434 per annum (depending on experience)
Base: Gravesend/ Hybrid Working
Reference number: 2
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a full stack web developer to help develop, maintain and deliver business solutions and application integration across the Authority.
You will need to be a highly motivated self-starter with good inter-personal skills and an inquiring mind. A flexible attitude towards problem-solving is a must, as is a keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn new technologies.
A little bit about us;
The Port of London Authority is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames, home to the UK’s biggest port and busiest inland waterway.
The river is set to play a key role in the UK’s move towards a Net Zero economy and in transforming urban logistics too.
The opportunities for the future are captured in the updated Thames Vision 2050, which has themes of Trading Thames, Destination Thames and Natural Thames. The priorities for action are safety, Net Zero transition, resilience, technological changes, access and inclusion.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the PLA at a time of growth and transformation, with the Vision setting a clear path for future development. This includes major infrastructure investments on the river, on which your advice and expertise will be sought.
- Laravel/Code Igniter
A little bit about you:
- At least 5 years’ experience of architecting, developing and supporting web applications.
- Educated to degree level in an IT related discipline
- Proven delivery of enterprise solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience of supporting and maintaining a SQL database server environment
- Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service focus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 28 days annual leave
- Private medical provision – Westfield Health
- Generous pension
- Onsite parking with electric charging
- Access to MyGymDiscounts
- Access to Occupational Health, Mindfulness, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- Agile working policy
For further information or an informal discussion contact; Michael Stevens, IT Infrastructure Manager, 07747 677517
To apply, please complete the application form, including the reference number stated above.
You are required to have a Right to Work in UK, as currently the PLA is not a sponsor employer, therefore an offer of employment cannot be made unless you currently hold the rights to live and work in the UK.