- Post Date:19th January 2024
- Views 83
Location: Trinity Buoy Wharf
Contract Type: Full-time
Closing Date: 01 February 2024
Hours of Work: 42
- Scheduling and delivery of the company’s internal Boatmasters Licence (BML) training program in line with the Fleet Operations department Strategic Workforce Plan (SWP)
- Taking command of the appropriate company vessels when being used for BML course boat-handling training
- Managing the company’s Marine Apprentices, including attending regular performance reviews with each apprentice and the main training provider, and arranging all apprenticeship-related training courses, both internal and external
- Providing guidance and nurturing to each apprentice throughout the program
- Liaising with MCA on the scheduling of BML examinations for all internal trainees
- Producing and maintaining reports and records for all BML license and specialist endorsement training activities
- Manage and maintain resources for all BML related training courses
- Experienced boat handler on single and twin-screw vessels, with Boatmasters’ Licence (Tier 1 Level 2) or alternative qualification as set out in MSN 1853
- Experience in teaching the generic maritime syllabus to BML T1L2 or Yachtmaster Offshore, level or above
- Experience of working to, and the ability to deliver training on, MCA codes and regulations including ISM and DSM
- Experienced leader with the ability to mentor and coach staff/crew
- Ability to identify improvement areas and communicate these upwards
- Ability to respond quickly and take a “hands on approach”
- Calm disposition with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to produce management information (MI) reports
- Able to proactively plan and manage tasks
- Organised and capable of multitasking whilst delivering to high standards
- Team player who enjoys working in a changeable fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Where: You’ll be based between our Dry Dock facilities at Tilbury and our offices at Clipper House, Trinity Buoy Wharf, London E14 0JY.
So why apply?
Uber Boat by Thames Clippers are London’s leading River Bus service. Our fleet of high speed catamarans provide commuters and sightseers with a unique way to travel around the capital. We carry around 5 million passengers a year and currently employ around 470 people, which is set to increase over the next few years.
We are an entrepreneurial and inclusive organisation that was voted “Employer of the Year” at the 2017 London Transport Awards and “Ferry Operator of the year” this year. There is real potential for internal development and promotion within our business and internal succession is one of our core principles. Our values: Trusted to do the Right Thing, Great Place to Work, Be Excellent and Respect allow our employees to excel in their careers with us and be Best in Class, Always.
Our commitment to inclusion
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe in equality of opportunity for all and our approach to recruitment and selection is fair, open and based purely on merit. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Related Jobs (26)
People Operations Manager on 8th February 2024