- Post Date:9th November 2023
- Views 238
Norman Road, London -Belvedere
Riverside (Energy from Waste)
- Carry out the preventative and reactive maintenance that is required to ensure the safe and efficient running of modern Energy from waste facility.
- To assist in the planning and organising of the mechanical maintenance and repairs of plant and equipment in specific allocated areas of responsibility
- Diagnose faults and carry out effective repairs whilst working on own initiative without supervision.
- To assist in surveys and inspections of plant and equipment and take corrective action as required by Company Procedures
- Ensure that the required maintenance is completed in a timely manner and carried out by skilled / qualified staff.
- Ensure that scheduled routine maintenance checks are carried out to all plant and equipment manufacturers and company guidelines.
- Report any reoccurring, serious and / or unusual defects to the relevant department and take corrective action in accordance with Company procedures.
- Work in compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System and all relevant legislation.
- Assist in incident and accident investigations, as requested by the Lead Mechanical technician.
- Carry out specific duties during emergency situations.
- Undertake continuing personal development to enhance knowledge & skills relevant to the role.
- Experience of working within Energy from Waste or another similar environment is essential.
- A relevant technical qualification in an appropriate Engineering discipline is highly desirable.
- Experience with operating plant systems and machinery.
- Ability to fault find and repair Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Experience of using a computer maintenance management system.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- An appreciation of applicable Health, Safety and Environmental legislation relating to the facility.
- Ability to work within a team and independently where required.
- Able to maintain composure under arduous and stressful situations.
- Contribute to a culture of teamwork between operational staff and all other plant staff.
- A systematic approach to problem solving.
Cory is an inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life.
As a signatory of the armed forces covenant, we actively encourage job applications from veterans and reservists, to whom we will provide additional assistance when needed.
You may see a long list of job requirements and feel discouraged because you don’t match every single bullet point. We welcome your application if you feel you could make a positive impact in the role.
Related Jobs (26)
People Operations Manager on 8th February 2024