- Post Date:16th February 2023
- Views 663
Job Title: Office Manager
Reporting to: Navigations Systems Manager
Salary Range: £41,359 – £45,653 (depending on experience) + 5% overtime allowance
Closing Date: Friday 3 March 2023
Interview Date: Thursday 16 March 2023 at Gravesend
Reference Number: 29
A little bit about us;
The Port of London Authority is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames, home to the UK’s biggest port and busiest inland waterway.
The Navigation Systems team is part of the wider IT department and consists of engineers and trainees as well as supporting office roles. The team’s main function is to provide services to operational teams such as Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) and Pilotage, providing and maintaining systems and hardware for services such as vessel identification and tracking, radio communications as well as tidal and weather information.
The engineering team is available 24/7/365 and the office team Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. For this role, our main base is in Gravesend, but travel will occasionally be required to other offices or remote sites.
What we are looking for:
A highly motivated and capable individual to manage this busy engineering team’s fault response helpdesk and equipment maintenance function.
You will need to be proactive and assertive with excellent people skills as well as Health & Safety knowledge and experience.
Required skills and a little bit about you:
- High standard of education in IT, science or engineering fields with good standard of English and Maths
- Health and Safety qualification and / or demonstrable experience – understanding of legislation and regulations and their application in the work that we do
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with line management responsibility
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Able to keep calm under pressure and prioritise accordingly
- Critical thinker with a problem-solving attitude
- IT literate across standard Microsoft Office suite and able to learn and full utilise other corporate systems
- 28 days annual leave
- Private medical provision – Westfield Health
- Generous pension
- Onsite parking with electric charging
- Access to MyGymDiscounts
- Access to Occupational Health, Mindfulness, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- Agile working policy
For further information or an informal discussion contact; Rebecca Wellard, Navigation Systems Manager on 07702 995969
To apply, please complete the application form, including the reference number stated above.
You are required to have a Right to Work in UK, as currently the PLA is not a sponsor employer, therefore an offer of employment cannot be made unless you currently hold the rights to live and work in the UK.