- Post Date:22nd May 2023
- Views 437
Role Title: Plater/Welder
Location: Riverside, Charlton, SE7 7SU/Wharf Rd Gravesend DA12 2RU
Line Manager: Bargeyard Manager
Cory Riverside Energy are recruiting for the position of Plater/Welder. The primary purpose of this role is to assist the Cory Ship Repair managers to provide an effective maintenance and repair service to meet the demands of the company’s in-house and third-party needs. They will provide support for the day-to-day operations at Cory Ship Repair Services and ensure full compliance with all relevant workplace legislation at all times.
- Fabrication of steel barge/vessel sections
- Repair and maintenance of tugs, barges and containers and 3rd party vessels
- General woodworking, to include use of woodworking machinery.
- The operation of heavy machinery used in the fabrication process.
- Emergency repair of tugs and barges and 3rd party vessels including salvage work
- Participating in the movement of craft in the immediate vicinity of Gravesend and Charlton and in/out of the slipways.
- Assisting in yard activities (preparation and painting, plant operation, HP water washing, assisting Fitters/MSO’s, housekeeping and any other duties that may arise).
- Full compliance with all international, national, local and company safety and environmental legislation, regulations, codes, procedures, and guidance.
- Full participation in emergency exercises.
- Assisting in the training of apprentices.
- To carry out this work at other Cory operated locations.
Essential skills and experience
- Hot works, including welding, fabrication, burning.
- Working at height awareness.
- Understanding of technical drawings and template making.
- Confined space/enclosed space awareness
- Flexible working
- Driving license
- Team Player
Desirable skills and experience
- Background in marine construction
- Barge and ship building (fabrication, steelworks, maintenance)
- Marine engineering
- Marine construction (timber/steel/HDPR/piling/fendering)
- A qualification in Fabrication, Welding or Marine Construction/Ship Building is essential.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading RM-23.
Closing date for this vacancy is: 02/06/2023
Cory operates an Equal Opportunities Policy