Senior Adviser – Environment & Sustainability Governance
- Posted Date:23rd June 2022
- Apply Before: 8th July 2022
- Job Type:Full Time
Department: Planning and Environment
Reporting to: Head of Sustainability and Environment
Salary: starting at £54,401 per annum
Base: Gravesend, Kent (agile working available)
Closing date: 8 July 2022
Interview date: As soon as possible after the closing date
The Port of London Authority is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames. An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Adviser – Environment & Sustainability Governance to join the Environment Team within the Directorate of Sustainable Marine Operations, to lead on the approaches to reducing the PLA’s energy, carbon, waste and water usage and approach to increasing use of renewables in order to reduce overall resource usage of the estate and investment portfolio and reach net zero by 2040 or before.
The postholder will lead on maintaining the PLA’s ISO 14001 environmental accreditation and create improvements in line with existing PLA policy commitments. They will be responsible for collating and publishing measures and reporting sustainability and environmental governance and compliance to PLA staff, the Executive Committee and the board.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level with a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline such as Environment Management or Sustainability.
- Hold Chartered Membership of an institution recognised by the Society of Environment, ideally Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (CIEMA) or Institute of Water & Environmental Management (CIWEM) or Institute of Water (CIWater).
- Have at least 4 years’ experience in leading businesses through ISO 14001(EMS) accreditation and management of environment management systems, including some auditing experience and training.
- Have thorough experience of collating, manipulating and using the environmental data and sustainability reporting, including knowledge of lifecycle approach in business.
- Have knowledge of Natural Capital Accounting approach and use of relevant data within reporting and annual accounts.
- Have excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-specialised audiences.
- 28 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Generous pension
- Onsite parking with electric charging
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to Occupational Health, Hypnotherapy, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
For further information or an informal discussion contact Tanya Ferry, Head of Environment on 01474 562223.
You are required to have a Right to Work in UK, as currently the PLA is not a sponsor employer, therefore an offer of employment cannot be made unless you currently hold the rights to live and work in the UK.