Senior Baler Operative (Smugglers Way)
- Post Date:15th January 2024
- Views 94
Cory operates the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) at Smugglers Way on behalf of the Western Riverside Waste Authority in the London Borough of Wandsworth, in addition to the transfer stations in Wandsworth, the City of London, Tower Hamlets and Barking.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Baler Operative to add to the team at Smugglers Way. This is an important role that directly contributes to the daily working and the smooth running of the transfer station, duties include:
- To operate the baler equipment and bale materials produced by the MRF.
- To supervise the junior baler operatives carrying out their duties.
- To plan with site supervisors for the allocation of resources including operative availability and the number of bales for dispatch.
- To understand statutory legislation – including Health and Safety, Environmental – associated with the role, its importance to the working environment and mentoring junior operatives where appropriate in these areas.
- To ensure effective stock management, including daily stocktaking.
- To control as far as possible odour, dust, noise, and litter and to ensure the balers and associated equipment are maintained in a clean and safe condition.
- To take care for the health & safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by the individual’s acts and/or responsibilities.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
The individual we are looking for will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Previous experience of working at a Materials Recovery Facility is essential.
- Process equipment experience is desirable.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- This work involves shift work:
- Monday to Friday 0600-1400 and 1400-2200,
- Possible Saturday 0700-1500.
- The successful candidate should be willing to work extra hours and weekends where necessary.
Cory is an inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life.
As a signatory of the armed forces covenant, we actively encourage job applications from veterans and reservists, to whom we will provide additional assistance when needed.
You may see a long list of job requirements and feel discouraged because you don’t match every single bullet point. We welcome your application if you feel you could make a positive impact in the role.
Related Jobs (26)
People Operations Manager on 8th February 2024