Senior Civil Engineer
- Posted Date:1st June 2022
- Apply Before: 30th June 2022
- Job Type:Full Time
Department: Civil Engineering
Reporting to: Head of Civil Engineering
Salary: starting at £62,427 per annum + Cash Car Allowance per annum
Closing date: 30 June 2022
Interview date: TBC
What we are looking for
We are looking for a self-motivated and confident team member with a successful track record of delivering projects and meeting client requirements.
Your expertise will be focussed around planning, procuring and managing civil engineering infrastructure, including buildings.
A little bit about us
The Port of London Authority is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames, home to the UK’s biggest port and busiest inland waterway.
The river is set to play a key role in the UK’s move towards a Net Zero economy and in transforming urban logistics too.
The opportunities for the future are captured in the updated Thames Vision 2050, which has themes of Trading Thames, Destination Thames and Natural Thames. The priorities for action are safety, Net Zero transition, resilience, technological changes, access and inclusion.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the PLA at a time of growth and transformation, with the Vision setting a clear path for future development. This includes major infrastructure investments on the river, on which your advice and expertise will be sought.
- Leadership role within a team of 12 civil engineers and tradespeople;
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including estates and property, facilities navigation systems, marine engineering and services.
- Asset management including input into development of new asset management methodology and system over the next year.
- Development and investment projects, 2-3 per year in support of the CFO.
- Capital projects with internal customers e.g. the Chief Harbour Master.
- Designing schemes, specifying works and administering contracts including site management across the 95 miles of tidal Thames.
- Consultation on licence works for the statutory consents and compliance team.
A little bit about you:
- You will also have experience in managing a project team both in the office and on site, with the appropriate H&S focus.
- Maritime civil engineering specific experience is preferable but not essential.
- Be a Chartered Engineer status and Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Hold a project management qualification, eg APM PMQ or Prince2
- Some knowledge of a Competent Harbour Authority would be advantageous.
- Influencing and negotiation skills;
- Strong written presentation and oral communication skills
- Planning, organisational skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- 30 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Generous pension
- Onsite parking with electric charging
- Discounted membership with Gravesham Active Leisure
- Access to Occupational Health, Mindfulness, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
For further information or an informal discussion contact; James Palmer, Head of Civil Engineering, 07512 713129
You are required to have a Right to Work in UK, as currently the PLA is not a sponsor employer, therefore an offer of employment cannot be made unless you currently hold the rights to live and work in the UK.