- Posted Date:23rd September 2019
- Job Type:Full TimeJob Category:Deckhands
An opportunity currently exists to join Briggs, an established company specialising in the supply of Marine and Environmental services.
The Senior Deckhand will be responsible for the safe direction, loading / unloading of foot passengers and vehicles using the Ferry both on the vessel and shore based.
Principal Responsibilities Include;
- Supervising and Co-coordinating Deckhands.
- Supporting the Captain in the management of staff performance, training and development.
- Report writing – Company and Investigatory.
- Ensuring compliance with the Company Safety Management System.
- Actively participate and support vessel safety drills and emergency procedures.
- Acting as and assuming the responsibilities of Mate where necessary.
- Ensure safe mooring and unmooring of the vessels.
- Coordinating passengers and vehicles at the terminal.
- Operating the linkspans when required.
- Significant Deckhand experience on a large passenger vessel.
- Extensive maritime regulatory knowledge and current industry trends Knowledge and experience of vessel emergency procedures and on-board lifesaving equipment.
- Technical Certification
- Boatmasters Licence Tier 1 Level 2 with Local Knowledge and Large Passenger Vessel Endorsements or equivalent.
- ML5 Seafarer Medical Certificate or equivalent.
- Following STCW 95 certificates;
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Prevention and Fighting
- First Aid
- Small ships Navigation and Radar
- Crowd control and crisis management
- ISM familiarisation
The Senior Deckhand will work a shift rota system for this role and the successful candidate will provide relief for similar positions on other vessels.
You will receive an excellent package commensurate with your experience and the opportunity for career development within the organisation.
To apply, please send your CV, in confidence, to our Recruitment Team by email. Please go to www.briggsmarine.com/careers