Senior Weighbridge Clerk - Cringle Dock Waste Transfer Station
- Posted Date:30th January 2019
- Job Type:Full TimeJob Category:Site Staff
Cory Riverside Energy are recruiting for the position of Senior Weighbridge Clerk at one their London Waste Transfer Stations contracted to WRWA. The company uses the River Thames as a green highway to move waste from London on tugs and barges, effectively removing 100,000 truck movements a year off roads. By generating electricity from residual waste, the plant is improving resource efficiency, avoiding landfill use and achieving greater sustainability as part of London’s circular economy.
The holder of this role will provide an important function that directly contributes to the daily working and smooth running of the Cringle Dock Transfer Station Weighbridge through various operational duties and responsibilities.
The main role of the Senior Weighbridge Clerk will be to control a Team of weighbridge staff, arranging annual leave, sickness cover, oversee site access and to operate the weighbridge and associated systems to ensure waste receipt is recorded and that waste transfer, acceptance and disposal is compliant with statutory legislation and company procedure.
This will include;
- Maintain Health, Safety and Security of Site:
- Understand and manage risks and hazards associated with Weighbridge
- Report any accidents, incidents to site management immediately and record in weighbridge diary
- Induct and instruct customers, contractors and visitors to site, check their understanding. Input and distribute associated records
- Ensuring Site Is Compliant with Environmental Legislation
- Manage Plant and Equipment:
- Complete weighbridge inspections identify any defects and fill out check sheets
- Report any weighbridge defects to Management and Maintenance Team
- Control process of Weighbridge Movement:
- Compile waste input records / consumable deliveries, site daily diary and any other weighbridge related records as required by the company or manager
- Direct waste / consumable / residue carriers to follow the designated route to the tipping hall and designated route to exit of site
- Control the number of vehicle movements into site and liaise with customers and peers with regards to traffic management
- Monitor compliance of site rules by customers’ drivers and report any vehicle contravening site rules or breaking speed limits
- Manage All Internal and External communication and Documentation
The above is a summary of the main tasks and responsibilities of the post, further tasks and responsibilities may be required within the demands of the business.The position may require flexible working arrangements as the business need arise.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Basic writing skills
- Ability to work in a team
- IT Skills – Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, email)
- Customer Service Skills
- Dealing with conflict
- Problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be prepared to work additional hours and weekends as required
- Valid driving licence
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Administration and / or weighbridge experience desirable
If you are interested in applying for this position please apply for an application form or send a CV to Michael Kirwan, Cory Riverside Energy, Cringle Dock Waste Transfer Station, Cringle Street,
Battersea, London, SW11 8BX telephone 02076221046, email Mick.firstname.lastname@example.org with reference SEN-WEIGH19/CRI clearly marked on envelope or email header.
Internal candidates – Please advise your manager of your application
Cory Riverside Energy operates an Equal Opportunities Policy