- Post Date:11th November 2019
- Views 1208
Bennett’s Barges is currently seeking qualified Mates to join its team of crew working on the tugs. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate looking to develop a career on the River Thames working for a versatile and successful company.
The ideal candidate will hold the following qualifications:
- Tier 1, Level 2 Boatmasters’ Licence
- Current ML5 Medical or ENG 1
- Sea Survival
- Fire Fighting
- First Aid
- VHF qualification
- Underpinning knowledge of safety management systems and the ISM Code adhering to the operational requirements of PLA, MMO and MCA
Desirable, but not essential:
- Thames Local Knowledge Endorsement
- Wallingford Mates Certificate
The Mate will assist the Master with the safe operations of the vessel, to include, but not limited to:
- Assisting with all inspections prior to passage
- complying with:
- river and marine method statements
- navigation risk assessments.
- General vessel maintenance to include cleaning, painting, etc.
- Assisting with maintaining appropriate paperwork with respect to operational requirements, Safety Management Systems and the ISM Code
- Complying with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Fulfilling Health & Safety responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy Statement
- Attending all training relevant to the role and operational requirements
Bennett’s Barges is looking for someone who is highly self-motivated, committed, and flexible in their approach with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and work well under pressure.
48 hours per week – 4 x 12 hour shifts Monday – Sunday (3 days off) may include night shifts.
Competitive salary and benefits.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with a cover note to HR@livetts.co.uk
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK