- Posted Date:11th November 2019
- Apply Before: 31st December 2019
- Job Type:Full TimeJob Category:Mate
Bennett’s Barges is currently seeking qualified Mates to join its team of crew working on the tugs. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate looking to develop a career on the River Thames working for a versatile and successful company.
The ideal candidate will hold the following qualifications:
- Tier 1, Level 2 Boatmasters’ Licence
- Current ML5 Medical or ENG 1
- Sea Survival
- Fire Fighting
- First Aid
- VHF qualification
- Underpinning knowledge of safety management systems and the ISM Code adhering to the operational requirements of PLA, MMO and MCA
Desirable, but not essential:
- Thames Local Knowledge Endorsement
- Wallingford Mates Certificate
The Mate will assist the Master with the safe operations of the vessel, to include, but not limited to:
- Assisting with all inspections prior to passage
- complying with:
- river and marine method statements
- navigation risk assessments.
- General vessel maintenance to include cleaning, painting, etc.
- Assisting with maintaining appropriate paperwork with respect to operational requirements, Safety Management Systems and the ISM Code
- Complying with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Fulfilling Health & Safety responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy Statement
- Attending all training relevant to the role and operational requirements
Bennett’s Barges is looking for someone who is highly self-motivated, committed, and flexible in their approach with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and work well under pressure.
48 hours per week – 4 x 12 hour shifts Monday – Sunday (3 days off) may include night shifts.
Competitive salary and benefits.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with a cover note to HR@livetts.co.uk
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK