Waste Transfer Station Operative (Cringle Dock)
- Post Date:9th November 2023
- Views 58
Cringle Street, London – Battersea
Waste Transfer Stations
Cringle Dock, Battersea, Full-Time, Individual Contributor, Overtime available, Shift Work
Cory operates the Transfer Station at Cringle Dock in addition to its existing Transfer Stations operated on behalf of the Western Riverside Waste Authority in the borough of Wandsworth, City of London (Walbrook Wharf) and Tower Hamlets (Northumberland Wharf.)
We are currently recruiting for an Operative to add to the team at Cringle Dock. The role holder will provide an important role that directly contributes to the daily working and smooth running of the Transfer Station through various operational duties and responsibilities.
- To work as part of team of operatives processing household and commercial waste.
- To comply with all health & safety, contractual and operational requirements at the site
- To be able to drive cranes and operate machinery or to be prepared to work towards gaining new skills in operating mobile and fixed plant
- To ensure the Transfer Station is kept in a clean and tidy condition
- To carry out duties to prevent the issuing of complaints from the public
The individual we are looking for will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working at a Transfer Station would be an advantage but is not essential
- Willing to work weekends
- Willing to work Shifts
- Good communication skills
- Flexible approach
- The role consists of a 40-hour week on a pro-rata shift pattern: 0600-1400 and 1350-2150 alternating
- Starting rate of £14.17/hour, increasing with skill level
- Weekend rates apply:
- Weekday double-shift or Saturdays at 1.5 x hourly rate
- Sundays or Out of Hours at 2 x hourly rate
Cory is an inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life.
As a signatory of the armed forces covenant, we actively encourage job applications from veterans and reservists, to whom we will provide additional assistance when needed.
You may see a long list of job requirements and feel discouraged because you don’t match every single bullet point. We welcome your application if you feel you could make a positive impact in the role.