- Post Date:5th May 2023
- Views 481
Thames Luxury Charters are currently seeking an experienced Engineer to join the Company working across the fleet. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate looking to develop their career as an Engineer on the River Thames and be part of a successful company.
Reporting to the Fleet Captain, you will be an integral part of the engineering & crewing department helping to ensure the maintenance of all craft and associated machinery, equipment and moorings to include, but not limited to:
- assisting with all planned maintenance
- reporting any deficiencies in the appropriate manner and to the appropriate personnel
- ensuring any vessel on which you are working is properly victualled with appropriate fuel, oil, and water.
- assisting with all stock control procedures ensuring rope, tools, maintenance & cleaning equipment is stored correctly at all times.
- maintaining appropriate paperwork with respect to engineering and Health and Safety issues.
- To act as engineer & crew on company vessels when required
The ideal candidate will hold the following qualifications as a minimum:
- An industry recognised qualification (preferable)
- STCW Certificate in Personal Survival Techniques
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Marine Engineer
- Valid ML5 or ENG1
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, committed, and flexible in their approach with the ability to work on their own and as part of a team.
Hours of work
Your hours of work will be based on an average of 48 hours per week and will be variable in accordance with the workload of the vessels and will include some evenings and weekends.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience.
If you would like to apply for this position please email your CV with a cover letter to Sophie Wanless, HR Manager email@example.com
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK