Marine Engineering Apprentice at Bennetts Barges
- Posted Date:21st August 2019
- Apply Before: 6th September 2019
- Job Type:Full TimeJob Category:Engineering Apprentice, Marine EngineeringOffered Salary £15,000 - £20,000Career Level StudentExperience Fresh
We have 1 vacancy for a Marine Engineering Apprentice at Bennetts Barges: (closing date is 6th Sept 2019) – BASED AT DARTFORD, working on Tugs mainly, minimum age requirement is 18. Starting pay £18K + additional payments/benefits
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR MARINE ENGINEERING APPRENTICE.
JOB TITLE: Apprentice Marine Engineer
HOURS PER WEEK: 48 hours per week
REPORTING TO: Fleet Superintendent
To act as Engineer and Crew on board of Company Vessels and play an active role with the rest of the team in providing a first-class service on board of all vessels and to ensure that all machinery & equipment is maintained as appropriate. To follow instructions as requested.
Main Duties to include but not limited to-
- Assist with all planned maintenance
- Adhere to all statutory requirements including MCA/PLA regulations.
- Maintain relevant and appropriate paperwork
- Ensure any vessel on which you are working is properly victualled with appropriate fuel, oil and water
- Assist with all stock control procedures ensuring rope, tools, maintenance & cleaning equipment is stored correctly at all times.
- Adhering to all legal requirements as minimum standard
- Report any deficiencies in the appropriate in accordance with Company procedure
- To comply with Company Policies and Procedures
Uniform and all PPE supplied – Please ensure appropriate clothing and protective safety wear is worn at all times.
This Job description does not define or limit your role. You may from time to time be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet with the on-going needs of the organisation.