Programme Manager (Skills & Diversity)
- Posted Date:28th November 2019
- Job Type:Full TimeJob Category:AllOffered Salary £30,000 - £50,000Career Level Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a national programme for one of Britain’s biggest industries. You will be a key member of a small but dynamic and delivery-focused team, with responsibility for supporting the work of the Maritime Skills Commission (a new industry-Government body leading the work to ensure that the sector has the talented people it needs), and driving forward the work of Diversity in Maritime programme, particularly building on the existing work of the Women in Maritime Taskforce.
- Provide secretariat and project support to the Maritime Skills Commission
- Broaden the work of Women in Maritime Taskforce and Programme to become ‘Diversity in Maritime’.
- Establish and provide the secretariat to the Diversity in Maritime Taskforce
- Maintain, enhance and develop the Women in Maritime Charter and consider similar tools for other diversity challenge areas.
- Establish diversity networks for each diversity challenge that feed into the Diversity in Maritime Taskforce.
- Develop a national diversity plan and campaign in close collaboration with the Maritime UK Diversity in Maritime Taskforce to encourage companies across the sector to commit to increasing diversity within their companies.
- Engage partners and stakeholders to deliver against the plan.
- Develop and administer a suite of toolkits made available to partners, stakeholders and individual companies to support their diversity missions.
- Seek best practice from other companies and industries.
- Work with the Careers Promotion & Outreach Manager to ensure careers are being promoted as effectively as possible to individuals from all backgrounds.
- Collate and produce case studies to highlight positive diversity activity.
- Maintain annual reporting processes for companies signed up to the Women in Maritime Charter and its potential broader form.
- Develop and deliver new projects within the space as proposed by the Taskforce.
- Prepare reports as appropriate to report on the work of the Diversity in Maritime Taskforce and campaign.
- Organise events to support the work of the Diversity in Maritime programme.
- Work with the Director to develop plans to ensure the financial sustainability of the programme.
You will be required to work closely with members and external partners including government, to ensure efficient execution of actions and delivery of the campaign plan. The role will require careful management of stakeholder relationships to ensure effective contribution to joint efforts as required.
You will work closely with Maritime UK’s media team to ensure mainstream media coverage for people working in the sector.
In addition, you will be required to support the Director in administrative and other secretariat functions. These could include:
- seeking sponsorship
- contributing to writing briefings, articles and newsletters
- social media and website management
- event organisation
- preparation for Council meetings
- meeting with members to conduct membership audits and progress reviews
- developing Maritime UK publications
Send a current CV and cover letter to: email@example.com