Change Communications Lead
- Post Date:25th January 2024
- Views 72
Hours: Part Time – 21 hours per week
Department: Corporate Affairs
Reporting to: Director of Corporate Affairs
Starting Salary: £41,239.20 per annum plus £2,986 Car Allowance (FTE £68,732)
Contract Type: 12 Months Fixed Term
Closing date: 31st January 2024
Interview date: 8th February 2024
Travel Required: Occasionally to London
Who we are:
The Port of London Authority is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames and responsible for 95 miles of the River Thames from the Estuary to Teddington Lock in West London. We work to keep river users safe, protect and enhance the environment and promote the use of the river for trade and travel.
The Corporate Affairs department at the PLA manages external and internal communications, digital channels, public relations and stakeholder engagement. They maintain relationships with various stakeholders, including government bodies, industry partners, local communities and the public. They coordinate events, handle media relations and ensure effective communication to promote a positive image of the PLA and its activities.
We are looking for an experienced Change Communications Lead to join our team!
The successful candidate will work with business owners to develop a comprehensive change communications plan with an internal focus. You will be developing key messages and identifying the right communications and channels to get the best impact. As well as monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of change communications plans, you will support and guide members of the team on internal communications best practice and contribute to the development of a high-performing corporate affairs function.
What we are looking for:
You will be educated to degree level with senior management experience in a previous change comms role.
Working with business owners (including ExCo members) to develop a comprehensive change communications plan with an internal focus. An awareness of external operating environment is also important.
Developing key messages, identifying the right communications and channels to get the best impact.
Compose clear, consistent and compelling communications, linking everything back to our new “PLA on a page” vision, objectives and behaviours.
Delivering communications through the appropriate channels, inc. email, briefings, bilaterals, video, intranet/sharepoint etc.
Supporting and guiding members of the team on internal communications and contributing to the development of a high-performing corporate affairs function.
Collaborating and coordinating with programme and project managers, senior managers, internal communications colleagues and others as needed.
Providing guidance and support to the Director of Corporate Affairs, deputising for them at internal meetings if needed.
Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of communications plans and approaches, adapting them if needed to get the best outcome.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and juggle multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with an in depth understanding of the importance of internal stakeholder engagement and management with demonstrable experience.
- Used to working with senior leaders and quickly able to inspire confidence.
- Experience of using a variety of different channels and techniques to embed communications and reach a diverse operational audience.
- An innovative and results-driven professional with a strong capacity for strategic thinking, meticulous planning, and effective execution.
- Experience of developing key messages in line with the company’s vision and values.
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own when necessary.
- Although maritime experience would beneficial – transportation, logistics, police, utilities would all be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a highly unionised workforce.
In return, we offer a competitive benefits package:
- 30 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension
- Onsite parking with electric charging
- Access to Occupational Health, Mindfulness, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to MyGymDiscounts
For further information about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The PLA are not registered with the UK Home Office and do not sponsor candidates who require a visa or work permit to work in the UK, therefore an offer of employment cannot be made unless you currently hold the rights to live and work in the UK.
Related Jobs (26)
People Operations Manager on 8th February 2024