F&B Functions Supervisor
- Post Date:2nd November 2022
- Views 727
£24,977 a year
Full Job Description
City Cruises UK is part of the City Experiences division of the Hornblower Group, a global leader in world-class experiences and transportation services. We operate public dining and sightseeing cruises as well as private charters for corporate events, birthday parties, weddings, or other special occasions across London, Poole and York.
The supervisor will support the Functions Manager by leading the team in the delivery and execution of an excellent guest experience onboard all our dining cruises and private hire events. This position will ensure food safety and service delivery standards are maintained at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in our RESPECT service system
- Ensure that the highest level of customer care is shown at all times to ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for all our passengers
- Anticipate customer needs and pre-empt any customer dissatisfaction and manage accordingly
- Tour the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues & customers and identify/resolve any issues.
- Actively seeking customer feedback to improve the service
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements in accordance with the company’s Safety Management System (SMS), ensuring the safety of passengers is protected at all times
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas
- Analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profits to achieve sales across all products
- To assist with promotional activity to attract prospective customers
- Ensure any wastage is minimized and accurately recorded.
- Completion of all function paperwork within the agreed timeframes
- Ensure all stock is on board and checked to company processes
- Participate in regular stock audits and all breakages recorded per company policy
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
- Additional duties as may reasonably be required
- Provides leadership and guidance and training to team members
- Undertake induction for on the job training of waiting staff as per Company policy
- Ensure team briefings take place prior to the cruises with the team informing targets set
- Lead the Functions team, ensuring waiting staff are tending to guests needs within the company guidelines along with adhering to personal grooming and appearance standards.
- Ensure the team adhere to Financial practices and procedures in line with Company policy
Requirements & Qualifications
- Previous experience in a Team Leader/People Management position with the ability to motivate and inspire performance
- Customer Service orientated – Actively looks for ways to promote our business and enhance the guests’ experience
- Excellent Time Management capabilities
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Excellent communicator with the ability to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers
- Health & Safety awareness combined with Food Safety & Hygiene standards
- Previous experience in Restaurant/ Conference & Banqueting background
- Flexible “can do” approach with the ability to stay calm and work well under pressure
- Solutions orientated and focused to resolve any complaints in a calm and professional manner.
- Available to work shift patterns covering Monday to Sunday and inclusive of public/bank holiday and some evenings to assist with special events
- Able to work for extended periods of time without sitting
**Post holders will be required to serve alcohol and must therefore be over 18**
Desirable though non-essential
- Ability to speak a second language
- Relevant industry/customer service-related qualifications
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have previous experience in a Team Leader/People Management position?
- United Kingdom (required)