Health & Safety Manager
- Post Date:14th April 2022
- Views 824
City Cruises – London
Up to £45,000 a year
City Cruises UK is part of the City Experiences division of the Hornblower Group, a global leader in world-class experiences and transportation services. We operate public dining and sightseeing cruises as well as private charters for corporate events, birthday parties, weddings, or other special occasions across London, Poole and York.
The Health and Safety Manager position will ensure that City Cruises UK provides a safe-working environment, which ensures Health and Safety legislative compliance. This role will provide consistently high standards, guest service and employee engagement. This position will drive safety forward across the organisation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for the safety of all employees and contractors when carrying out their day-to-day activities at City Cruises.
- To advise the Directors and Managers on all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations
- Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to the Companies business
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines. Ensure that all staff are aware and operate to the correct safety levels
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety. Ensure that all “assessments” are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and to update records accordingly
- Evaluate practices across the organisation relating to procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- To undertake all risk assessments as required
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect and observe equipment and machinery to possible unsafe conditions then notify
- Work with the companies Designated Person to Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the Directors responsible with relevant new legislation.
- Recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees. Oversee the purchasing of all PPE and manage the budget accordingly.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company’s operations.
- When a safety matter is identified, contact the Operations Director and department Director/Manager responsible and recommend actions needed to rectify the situation. Work with the department to correct the matter.
- To notify the Operations Director if the corrective action agreed after any workplace inspection is not implemented by the arranged date.
- Carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the Findings on the relevant forms.
- Advise the Directors of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R. Report such incidents to the Hornblower group.
- Manage staff training/certification as required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.
- To set a personal example by wearing appropriate personal protective clothing/equipment and
- Observing all safety requirements/procedures.
- To work across all City Cruises UK locations.
- Be an Ambassador for our RESPECT Service System
- Other Ad-hoc duties as required
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience as Health and Safety manager
- Understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent organisational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £45,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday