- Posted Date:25th September 2018
- Job Type:Full TimeExperience 2 Years
Bennett’s Barges is currently seeking experienced Marine Engineers to join their team working on board vessels, tugs and barges operating on the River Thames & Medway.
The ideal candidate will be educated to A Level or equivalent and have a minimum of two years’ previous experience in Marine or Volvo Engineering.
MCA Approved Engine Course and previous experience of working on deck is preferable.
Main duties to include:
- Maintenance of craft and all associated machinery and equipment
- Assisting with all planned maintenance
- Reporting any deficiencies in the appropriate manner and to the appropriate personnel
- Ensuring any vessel on which you are working is properly victualled with appropriate fuel, oil, and water
- Assisting with all stock control procedures ensuring rope, tools, maintenance and cleaning equipment is stored correctly always. Adhering to all legal requirements as minimum standard
- Maintaining appropriate paperwork with respect to engineering and Health & Safety issues
- Complying with Company Policies and Procedures
- Fulfilling Health & Safety responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy Statement
- Attending all training relevant to the role and operational requirements
Your normal working hours will average 48 hours per week working to shift patterns (four days) in accordance with the workload of the vessels and will include weekends and nights.
Shift pattern could be one month on/one month off depending on workloads.
In return, we are offering a competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday per year and the opportunity to develop a career on the River Thames working for a successful Company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Related Jobs (17)
Customer Service Agent – Kiosk 24th February 2020
Boat Crew / Barman 24th February 2020
Facilities Assistant 24th February 2020
Operations Apprentice 12th February 2020
Electrical Control and Instrumentation Apprentice 12th February 2020
Customer Service Supervisor 6th February 2020
Customer Service Agent – Cabin Crew 30th January 2020
Customer Service Assistants 30th January 2020