- Post Date:15th January 2024
- Apply Before: 29th February 2024
- Views 93
Cory is one of the UK’s leading resource management, recycling, and energy recovery companies. We operate one of the largest energy from waste facilities in the country, located on the banks of the River Thames in London. With a second facility under construction and expansions in our waste transfer business, you will play a key role in our future success.
Summary of Role
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Lead.
The Procurement Lead will be primarily responsible for developing and managing the optimisation and resilience of the Riverside supply chain operations. This includes overseeing the procurement process from vendor selection to contract negotiation for products and services used within the Riverside operations.
The Procurement Lead will work closely with various teams including Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Finance, HSEQ, Legal, Sustainability, and Logistics.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing procurement strategies and reporting processes
- Overseeing stock control and contract status
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with suppliers
- Ensuring cost-effective procurement while maintaining quality standards
The Procurement Lead will focus on efficiency, availability of products, and cost-saving measures. They will contribute to the organisation’s success by securing optimal terms and conditions with suppliers while mitigating risks. Environmental stewardship and responsible sourcing, as defined by our Sustainable Procurement Policy, are key priorities. The Procurement Lead will ensure that suppliers and service providers align with the values and standards outlined in the Cory Supplier Code of Conduct.
In collaboration with the Operations and Maintenance teams, the Procurement Lead will determine the specifications for products and ensure their procurement.
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven record of accomplishment of achieving economical costs for specified product or services.
- Analytical mindset for market research and supplier evaluation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to foster supplier relationships and collaborate internally.
- Strategic thinking to align procurement activities with broader organisational goals.
- Ability to manage and optimise the end-to-end procurement process.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality assurance and risk management.
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and ethical standards in procurement.
- Familiarity with environmental and social standards, regulations, and certifications related to procurement.
The successful candidate will possess the following capabilities to perform the role:
- Professional certification in Procurement (e.g. CSCP, CPSM)
- Proven experience in procurement or supply chain roles
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Track record of successful negotiations and cost savings
Cory is an inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life.
As a signatory of the armed forces covenant, we actively encourage job applications from veterans and reservists, to whom we will provide additional assistance when needed.
You may see a long list of job requirements and feel discouraged because you don’t match every single bullet point. We welcome your application if you feel you could make a positive impact in the role.
Related Jobs (25)
People Operations Manager on 8th February 2024