- Post Date:19th January 2024
- Apply Before: 1st March 2024
- Views 87
Location: Trinity Buoy Wharf
Contract Type: Full-time
Closing Date: 1 March 2024
Hours of Work: 40
- Assist the department in monitoring and maintaining certification for all compliance certification, ensuring that any certification is renewed or revalidated within the defined timeframe.
- To assist the Risk, Safety and Compliance Manager to engender a safety culture throughout the business, this includes regularly reviewing the effectiveness of the Safety Management System (SMS), ensuring compliance with the ISM Code.
- Assist with the management of vessel certification, ensuring that our vessels are compliant with all safety related requirements.
- Assist the department with the day-to-day admin to ensure the company remains compliant.
- Assist the Safety and Compliance team in the gathering of CCTV recordings and any evidence required from reported incidents or near misses.
- Assist in all compliance-based certification and training documentation, ensuring that all certification is renewed or revalidated as appropriate and updated onto our Centrik system.
- To ensure that all afloat staff maintain their monthly requirements of emergency drills as set out in our SMS and log them into Centrik.
- Provide general administrative and communication support to the Safety and compliance team.
- Manage the departmental diary and telephone communication with respect to arranging meetings, travel and absence from the office to ensure continuing communication between department members and others.
- Support the Head of Risk, Safety and Compliance in identifying any safety training needs amongst our teams, supporting the scoping, design and delivery of suitable training to meet identified needs.
- Management of all the safety department’s safety equipment, ensuring that it is serviced at the appropriate intervals.
- Take minutes of health and safety related meetings as reasonably requested by the team. Produce and distribute in a timely manner to ensure actions are completed as soon as practicable.
- Process Health and Safety department purchase orders on a regular basis, ensuring regular sign-off by the department managers and ensuring they are sent for payment on Deal with any queries relating to invoicing in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing and maintaining effective teamwork within departments and offices of Thames Clippers.
- Ensure that you comply with all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices as required by current legislation, the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and practices.
- Ensure that all relevant information is communicated speedily and accurately in a way that ensures that the information is received and easily understood.
Where: You’ll be based between our Dry Dock facilities at Tilbury and our offices at Clipper House, Trinity Buoy Wharf, London E14 0JY.
So why apply?
Uber Boat by Thames Clippers are London’s leading River Bus service. Our fleet of high speed catamarans provide commuters and sightseers with a unique way to travel around the capital. We carry around 5 million passengers a year and currently employ around 470 people, which is set to increase over the next few years.
We are an entrepreneurial and inclusive organisation that was voted “Employer of the Year” at the 2017 London Transport Awards and “Ferry Operator of the year” this year. There is real potential for internal development and promotion within our business and internal succession is one of our core principles. Our values: Trusted to do the Right Thing, Great Place to Work, Be Excellent and Respect allow our employees to excel in their careers with us and be Best in Class, Always.
Our commitment to inclusion
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe in equality of opportunity for all and our approach to recruitment and selection is fair, open and based purely on merit. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Related Jobs (25)
People Operations Manager on 8th February 2024