Service Desk Team Leader
- Post Date:13th December 2022
- Views 637
Role Title: Service Desk Team Leader.
Location: Belvedere – DA17 6JY and London – EC2M 2EF
Line Manager: Head of IT
At Cory we ensure London has a safe, clean, and sustainable way of managing its recyclable and nonrecyclable waste. Our riverside Energy from Waste facility in Belvedere, Kent uses the waste that would otherwise have gone to landfill as feedstock to generate electricity. As one of the largest operations of its kind in the UK, the facility generates c.525,000 MWh of electricity each year from processing 750,000 tonnes of waste. We use the River Thames to move the waste from the City of London to the EfW facility on our fleet of tugs and barges, removing around 100,000 truck movements a year off our capital’s congested roads.
Primary purpose of the role
This is an exciting role that would suit an IT engineer or Service desk team leader/manager with solid technical experience looking to progress their career and managerial ambitions. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running and management of the IT Service desk function to provide efficient, customer focused technical support for all users in the organisation.
The primary responsibility will be to oversee all support requests, incidents, and problems and provide management of the service desk to industry best practise standards. The successful candidate will act as a technical escalation point for service desk team members and play a key role in the development of formal service desk procedures for consistency and increased productivity. This role will suit a senior analyst/engineer looking to take a step up to a managerial role.
- Manage the service desk team, ensuring workloads are evenly distributed and be an active team member, handling your own tickets and leading by example with management and resolution.
- Evaluate performance to ensure the team meets good service level targets and deal with technical incidents and IT service requests according to agreed standards and procedures.
- Recruit, train, and coach the service desk team ensuring a high performing team
- Monitor and manage IT service desk resources to ensure staffing levels and on-site cover is maintained.
- Provide a first point of escalation for the service desk team in respect of technical issues
- Oversee a Solutions and Knowledge base repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to users and service desk team members
- Provide asset management, to include procurement & disposal of corporate hardware / software
- Purchase order review and approval.
- Provide regular reporting on KPI metrics including patching, OS versions, and reports on service desk team’s productivity.
- Analyse performance of the Service Desk activities and resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to continually improve the service provided
- Coordinate and communicate service outages
- Develop the Service Desk ticketing system (ManageEngine) to provide enhanced reporting and ticket logging processes
- Head of IT
- Service Desk team members
- End users
- 3rd line and IT project team members
- Directors and Business Managers
- External third-party suppliers.
Essential skills and experience
- Qualifications, training or experience in a management role or course
- Exceptional customer service
- Minimum 3 years 2nd line support experience
- Experience with Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022, Active Directory, M365, networking (vLANs), and a service desk ticketing tool (Manage Engine Service Desk an advantage)
- Broad IT knowledge and be able to guide colleagues in problem solving
- Knowledge of Microsoft System centre configuration manager (SCCM)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint manager (Intune) or similar MDM
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Desirable skills and experience
- A degree in computer science, IT, systems engineering, or related qualification
- Knowledge of DFS, Veeam, Azure, Mimecast, Exclaimer, EAM, and Avanan.
- ITIL Foundation
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ITSD-22.
Closing date for this vacancy is: 16 December 2022
Cory operates an Equal Opportunities Policy.