Ship Repair Services Barge Yard Supervisor
- Post Date:13th December 2022
- Views 643
The primary purpose of this role is to provide Day to Day Support & Assistance to the Cory Gravesend Barge Yard Manager to allow for effective and timely repair and maintenance of both the Cory company Tug and Barge Fleet, 3rd Party Projects and the efficient operation of the Yard. The supervisory aspect of the role is on top of being the lead multi-skilled operative (MSO) on site.
Core responsibilities as lead MSO
- Ship repair – Spraying/Painting/HP washing/Cleaning/Stoking/assisting Welders and Fitters and other tasks as directed by Yard Manager.
- Lifting Operations – Slinging/signalling/equipment
- Plant operator – Telehandler/Cherry picker/Cranes/MEWPS/HP Washer/Sprayer.
- Yard Maintenance – Slipways/Plant/assisting Welders and Fitters.
- Adherence to all relevant legislation.
- Hazard reporting.
Additional supervisory responsibilities
- Main point of contact for other MSOs and act as a Team Leader to all workers.
- Oversee and ensure implementation/compliance of all HSEQ/work procedures.
- Monitor and maintain PPM Schedules for yard plant and equipment.
- Oversee Contractor Management for vessels and on-site projects.
- EAM Infor/Focal Point/Intelex use, including but not limited to:
- Creating/monitoring/closing Work Orders
- Ordering goods/services
- Receipting goods/services
- Report defects of Yard & Equipment and suggest solutions where possible
- Reporting of Observations/hazards and Incidents
- Complete action plans
- Mentor new staff (all grades).
Essential skills and experience
- Ship repair/yard experience.
Paint coverings/spec and application.
Mobile plant operator – Cranes/MEWP/Forks/Telehandler/Cherry picker.
IT – Excel/Word.
HSEQ knowledge – IOSHH/NEBOSHH desirable.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading CSSUP-22.
Closing date for this vacancy is: 20 December 2022
Cory operates an Equal Opportunities Policy