- Posted Date:16th June 2022
- Apply Before: 8th July 2022
- Job Type:Full Time
£41,000 a year
Full Job Description
City Cruises UK is part of the City Experiences division of the Hornblower Group, a global leader in world-class experiences and transportation services. We operate public dining and sightseeing cruises as well as private charters for corporate events, birthday parties, weddings, or other special occasions across London, Poole and York.
The Yard Superintendent role is to assist the Director and Head of Engineering with various projects as required. This will include the preparation of dry dock specifications, vessel upgrades and modifications to planned maintenance system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with all departments to populate, prepare and present dry docking lists for annual and bi annual in water and out of water dockings, for our London, Poole and York fleet
- Distribute technical engineering documents for tender to suppliers, ensuring all relevant information is available, for the tender processes to be fully understood
- Negotiate and set up trade discounts with suppliers, distribute orders out for works and building relationships with new suppliers
- Communicate with the relevant departments on day to day matters regarding scheduled vessel dry dockings, vessels returning to base and MCA booked survey dates
- Ensure that all vessels are at full technical readiness.
- Monitor and implement all matters relating to Health and Safety and the environment
- Monitoring quality standards and productivity/performance
- Implement the relevant requirements of the SMS within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure and communication engineering goals between all parts of the operation team including suppliers, subcontractors, engineering, safety and environmental team and clients
- Regular on and off site safety inspections of work being carried out by company, both site work and afloat repairs. Identify possible issue/concerns safety quality progress and report back
- Ensure high standard of quality on the works to meet the specification requirements
- Keep a full and accurate daily yard diary
- Maintain optimal level of customer services and assist to resolve all customer issues
- Coordinate and receive all materials and prepare necessary paperwork for same
- Be an Ambassador for the RESPECT Service system.
- When requested, assist the engineering team to maintain the fleet and any other Ad-hoc duties as required
Requirements & Qualifications
- Qualified to Degree/Diploma level in an Engineering discipline
- Have excellent IT skills and familiar with CAD, MS Project, Excel and word
- Strong background and working knowledge of Health & Safety systems and protocols
- Dry docking experience
- Previous experience in an engineering environment
- Experienced in creating and maintaining high quality documentation
- Professional written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Qualified in an engineering discipline.
- Experience of project management of large capital engineering projects.
- Demonstrate proven track record in running tender agreements.
- Experience of running highly detailed cost related projects.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan, organise, delegate and control work
- Ability to understand and balance technical issues/solutions with time, cost, and human
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and influencing skills
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Masters in Engineering
- Marine Engineering Qualifications
- H&S Qualification
This post offers a salary of £41000; however, negotiable depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Do you possess a strong working knowledge of Health & Safety systems and protocols?
- Do you hold a qualification in an Engineering discipline?
- How many years experience do you have in an engineering environment?