Administrative Assistant (Temporary)
- Post Date:14th August 2023
- Views 249
Line Manager: Head of Business Services
To provide customer services and business administration to the London Transfer Stations and MRF; as well as sales and procurement support for commodity sales and end-of-waste processors and outlets.
- To support the appointing manager and assistant manager in all aspects of the business, most particularly in recycling commodities sales & procurement, as well as checks and correct mapping of compliance documentation and audit trails.
- To manage all Duty of Care documents, checks against weighbridge entries, raise any issues if necessary; filed once concluded, and archive periodically.
- Data entry and management of the purchase ordering system and to be able to liaise with relevant stakeholders, suppliers as and when necessary.
- To be able to check and correct data entries, recorded into the database system from local authority contracts such as LBTH, WRWA and City of London as well as all commercial clients.
- To be fully knowledgeable in the use of the company database after successfully completing the training period, and be able to draw reports, corrections, analysis.
- Assist with all Local Authorities and commercial customers queries until solved.
- To maintain a sound understanding of the waste legislations, particularly ‘Duty of Care’ as well a dealing with Hazardous Waste consignments
- Price checks: ensuring that all customers’ price entries are correctly inserted into the system database to ensure correct invoicing.
- Provide administration assistance to senior managers and other members of the team as required to meet the administration needs of the business.
- To provide an efficient front-line telephone customer service.
- To effectively manage all incoming and outgoing mail, couriers, and deliveries, ensuring that all correspondence and items are delivered to recipients in timely manner.
- To be able to create marketing communications and presentation using Microsoft package.
Essential skills and experience
- Team Player
- Strong IT skills especially MS Excel Skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Environmental & Waste Industry experience, or a strong interest in Environmental issues
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Attention to detail
- Organized and self-motivated and able to multitask
- Working to strict deadlines
- Good communication both verbally and written with colleagues and customers
- Ability to communicate to different groups
Qualifications and relevant skills
- At least A Level standard or equivalent is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in office administration or accounts
- Environmental or waste and recycling background would be an advantage.
- Highly numerate, with a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, pro-active and has a good problem-solving approach.
- Good communication skills in both written and face-to-face
- Highly adept in the usage of MS applications and databases
- The ability to keep abreast of developments in environmental regulations and legislations.