- Post Date:25th January 2024
- Views 71
Location: Trinity Buoy Wharf
Contract Type: Full-time
Closing Date: 09 February 2024
Hours of Work: 42
- Supporting the Catering Operation Supervisors in leading their team of up 62 team members.
- Ensure the department complies with all relevant HACCP procedures and legislation, following best practice principals to deliver a consistent standard of ‘world class’ customer service.
- Work alongside the other Catering Managers, identifying training requirements to ensure the team have development opportunities.
- Coordinate support for catering management team including shift cover.
- Support with recruitment, retention, management, and development of a team of Supervisors and On-Board Customer Service Assistant.
- Work closely with your team of supervisors and On-Board Customer Service Assistant to develop and sustain a high level of team energy and engagement, focused on our company values and service promises.
- Manages stock level and distribute uniform, marketing material, small wear, and name badges. (Including monthly stock count)
- Organise new starters by completing training plans, coffee training, cost of travel, add to contact list (including introductory email), add new starters to the internal systems
- Track on-boarding process, online learning, and supporting with meetings if needed.
- To ensure effective communication is maintained with both staff and customers, ensuring that a positive, professional image of the company is always conveyed.
- To ensure that ‘Mystery Shopper’ findings are reviewed, and appropriate action taken to improve service standards within the department.
- Attend events to showcase Uber Boats by Thames Clippers as an employer of choice and build and manage talent pipeline of potential candidates
- Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable requests as requested by a member of the senior management team
- Previous relevant experience with a background in catering and hospitality, managing a large team over several sites
- Proven ability to manage complex sales operations with measured success
- A natural leader with experience to inspire operational teams to deliver results
- Positive and passionate focus on food – a natural flare for hospitality
- Experienced in leading the implementation of change programmes to deliver operational benefits
- Calm and structured approach, coupled with resilience and problem-solving skills
- Technical systems management and troubleshooting. Including Tills, associated equipment, and maintenance of hardware.
Where: You’ll be based between our Dry Dock facilities at Tilbury and our offices at Clipper House, Trinity Buoy Wharf, London E14 0JY.
So why apply?
Uber Boat by Thames Clippers are London’s leading River Bus service. Our fleet of high speed catamarans provide commuters and sightseers with a unique way to travel around the capital. We carry around 5 million passengers a year and currently employ around 470 people, which is set to increase over the next few years.
We are an entrepreneurial and inclusive organisation that was voted “Employer of the Year” at the 2017 London Transport Awards and “Ferry Operator of the year” this year. There is real potential for internal development and promotion within our business and internal succession is one of our core principles. Our values: Trusted to do the Right Thing, Great Place to Work, Be Excellent and Respect allow our employees to excel in their careers with us and be Best in Class, Always.
Our commitment to inclusion
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe in equality of opportunity for all and our approach to recruitment and selection is fair, open and based purely on merit. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Related Jobs (26)
People Operations Manager on 8th February 2024