Part-time Executive Manager (Maternity Cover) – Thames Skills Academy
- Post Date:21st December 2021
- Views 1184
The Thames Skills Academy (TSA) is a not-for-profit organisation established to raise safety standards and improve skills for those working on and alongside the Thames and other inland waterways. It was founded by the Port of London Authority, Transport for London, Tideway and the Company of Lightermen & Watermen and works with employers up and down the Thames.
The TSA has a small Executive Team: the CEO (Katherine Riggs), Group Training Officer (Jean Stevens) and the Executive Manager (Gemma McKeady). Gemma McKeady, the Executive Manager, will be going on maternity leave at the end of February so the TSA is seeking maternity cover for the period 15th February 2022 to mid April 2023.
You will find more information about the TSA on the website thamesacademy.london
To apply for this role, please email Katherine Riggs with your CV and a covering letter. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 19th January 2022.
Role: Executive Manager (part time; 14 – 21 hours per week).
- To ensure the TSA provides a high quality, professional service in line with its Charter and Code of Ethics (https://www.thamesacademy.london/about-us/charter-code-of-ethics/).
- To ensure the efficient and effective operation of the TSA executive functions.
- Success in this role requires a clear understanding of the TSA’s aims and objectives; the operation of the TSA, including the roles of the CEO, the Board and the Executive Team; strong customer and stakeholder relationships; and ensuring high quality service delivery.
- Provide an exemplary service to the TSA’s external providers to ensure the TSA’s delivery to customers and stakeholders is of the highest standard.
- Lead the operational and administrative functions and activities of the TSA Executive Team.
- Effectively manage and maintain a robust invoicing and purchase order system and be the first point of contact with the accountants to ensure effective oversight of the TSA’s finances.
- Manage and maintain a secure, efficient and effective electronic archive for the TSA to ensure a robust company audit trail and compliance with GDPR legislation and Company House rules.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A high standard of academic achievement, ideally to degree level but ‘A’ level standard (or equivalent) acceptable if suitable experience.
- Extensive executive management experience or other type of leadership experience.
- A proven ability to act on own initiative, prioritise effectively and deliver at pace with minimal guidance.
- A strong team player, working collaboratively within an internal team and with external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and an ability to handle numbers confidently. Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills with a focus on excellent customer and stakeholder relationships.
- The ability to identify and deliver opportunities to work smarter, more efficiently and effectively, work better as a team, streamline processes and/or use more up-to-date techniques and software.
- Experience of compliance with GDPR legislation.
- Track record of using extensive range of software including O365 including Word, Excel, Sharepoint and Powerpoint, Zoom, Teams, Eventbrite, Xero, Mailchimp, Adobe and Hubdoc.
Renumeration: Equivalent to £43,000 per annum FTE pro-rated for 14 – 21 hours a week, plus pension scheme and pro-rated 20 days holiday per calendar year and bank holidays.
Location: This role is remotely based. Occasional travel into London (and elsewhere) is required, for which travel expenses will be paid.