- Post Date:25th September 2018
- Views 1581
Job Title: Captain
Company: City Cruises (Cherry Garden Pier, Cherry Garden Street, London SE16 4TU) www.citycruises.com
Location: Bermondsey, London
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Salary: Depending on experience
About City Cruises
City Cruises plc is the leading operator of passenger services on the River Thames, carrying in excess of two million passengers annually on its extensive sightseeing, entertainment and charter services. Based at Cherry Garden Pier, City Cruises operates sixteen revenue earning passenger-carrying boats, along with a small fleet of support vessels and barges.
To provide City Cruises’ passengers with the best experience by, safely navigating passengers along the River Thames within our sightseeing service.
- Ensure vessels meet Company standards in terms of safety so our passengers remain safe and enjoy their experience on the River Thames.
- At all times, to follow SMS regulations and ensure your crew follow and comply with these regulations and that all documentation is maintained and looked after at all times.
- To be responsible for and facilitate onboard safety training for all crew members.
- To navigate vessels on the River Thames safely in accordance with the Company passenger plan and PLA by laws.
- Safe mooring of the vessels at all times with extreme caution when embarking and disembarking passengers in accordance with the Company’s SMS.
- To provide a vessel safety announcement after leaving each pier to comply with Company SMS.
- To conduct a safety crew briefing every morning for tripping and functions before commencing service to the public.
- To account for and safely embark and disembark passengers from one of our recognised locations along the River Thames.
- To carry out daily vessel log checks in conjunction with the SMS procedures with specific attention to all safety equipment and engines.
- To report any maintenance checks or incidents as per the Company’s SMS.
- Check the vessel’s fuel level and if necessary, fuel the vessel before entering it into service.
- To ensure the vessel has an adequate supply of fresh clear running water onboard for passengers prior to commencing service.
- Ensure the vessel is clean, tidy and well presented at all times to comply with the Company’s SMS and London Port Health regulations.
- To provide passengers with a commentary through the City Cruises’ sightseeing journey and give them a magical experience along the River Thames.
- To give our passengers the best customer experience whilst sightseeing with City Cruises’.
- To manage all crew on your vessel are well presented and groomed in Company uniform at all times when representing City Cruises’ and serving to the public.
- To promote to onboard sales and other Company products as directed
- Tier 1 and 2 Boat Masters license
- Local knowledge endorsement
- Passenger Vessel Certificate
- Large Passenger Vessel endorsement license (only applicable to LPV Captains)
- Experience operating as Captain of large passenger vessels
- Knowledge of vessel maintenance and vessel engineering
- Full understanding of Health & Safety afloat and ashore and implementation of Safety Management System, preferably to ISM standard, would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of managing rota’s
- Experience working within the hospitality industry
- Experience of managing a team and developing their careers
- To promote brand image of City Cruises’
- Perform great customer service
- Act with integrity at all times
- Approach everything with integrity with what you do
- Deliver excellence through profit, customer satisfaction and living our City Cruises values
- Work with empathy
- To exhibit a professional attitude at all times
- Smart/Well presented
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused
- Calm and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Highly organised
- Understands, respects and follows the chain of command
- Is able to work to direction of the Company management team
- To be flexible in carrying out your duties at any of the Company’s locations, offices or departments and fulfill other tasks that fall within your post as required
- To be a mentor to Mates and future Mates
- Company focused
- Self motivated
- Willingness to learn and progress
- Able to work to own initiative
- Problem solver with the ability to offer solutions
- Can speak a 2nd language
If you believe you are suitable for this position please email your CV stating what position you are applying for to email@example.com
NB. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive, you will only be contacted if you are shortlisted to the next stage of the recruitment process.