- Post Date:9th March 2023
- Views 603
Team: Statutory Consents and Compliance
Department: Planning and Development
Reporting to: Senior Case Manager
Salary: starting at £41,359 per annum
Contract type: 18 months fixed-term contract
Base: Gravesend, Kent (agile working available)
Closing date: 31 March 2023
Interview date: 5 April 2023
Reference Number: 26
Who we are:
The Port of London Authority is the UK’s largest port, responsible for 95 miles of the tidal Thames from Teddington out to the North Sea. The Statutory Consents and Compliance team is responsible for the processing of applications for consent and processing of Vessel Licenses, and the investigation and enforcement of unlicensed and non-compliant River Works and Dredging along the River Thames.
We are looking to recruit a Case Manager to join our Statutory Consents and Compliance team based in Gravesend, Kent for 18 months starting in mid-May or early-June.
The postholder will undertake the processing of all applications for statutory consent submitted under the Port of London Act 1968 (as amended), relevant PLA Byelaws and submitted to the PLA under any other relevant statutory consenting regime. In addition, they will undertake investigations into compliance relating to unlicensed river works, licences to moor & vessels and dredging and to undertake necessary and proportionate enforcement action.
What we are looking for:
The postholder will manage a varied caseload of statutory consent applications and compliance issues and ensure all cases are processed, determined and closed within statutory timescales, relevant processes, KPI’s and as directed by managers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in successfully dealing with statutory applications or compliance issues
- Knowledge and understanding of the PLA’s organisation, responsibilities and policies, other relevant legislation and the requirements of other statutory organisations
- Knowledge of the PLA’s powers and functions relating to statutory consenting and compliance under the Port of London Act 1968 (as amended), Byelaws and other relevant statutory consents and of the systems, archives and records that support them.
- 28 days annual leave
- Medical Cash Plan (Westfield Health)
- Generous pension
- Onsite parking with electric charging
- Access to Occupational Health, Mindfulness, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to MyGymDiscounts
For further information or an informal discussion, contact Jessica Hart, Senior Case Manager on 01474 562221 or Pippa Barber, Head of Statutory Consents and Compliance on 01674 562291.
To apply, please complete the application form, including the reference number stated above.
You are required to have a Right to Work in UK, as currently the PLA is not a sponsor employer, therefore an offer of employment cannot be made unless you currently hold the rights to live and work in the UK.